Bright Idea review by Orson

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Orson: Bright Idea

Orson are a great pop-rock band, and so is this album 'Bright Idea'. It is packed with superb songs, and it's what a guitarist would want. Four of their songs that feature on 'Bright Idea' have made it in the UK charts, they are the classic No Tomorrow, Bright Idea, the superb Happiness and their latest single Already Over. Orson deserve to release more of their songs from 'Bright Idea', because the songs are incredible.

The lyrics are exceptional as well as their music. The lead singer Jason Pebworth write all the songs on 'Bright Idea', and they are of the highest quality. Both Jason Pebworth and the guitarist George Astasio write the lyrics for 'Downtown', and that is brilliant, so you must give a little bit of credit to George Astasio. But the rest must go to Jason Pebworth for both the lyrics, and, his singing. His voice suits his music, and his voice is great.

So Orson's music and lyrics combined together make the classic album 'Bright Idea'. The most impressive songs on there are No Tomorrow, Happiness and So Ahead Of Me. A majority of people would probably prefer Bright Idea to So Ahead Of Me, but I like So Ahead Of Me. What I love about this album is that a majority of other new bands compose awful albums, but not Orson. Just like Kaiser Chiefs' 'Employment', 'Bright Idea' is one of the greatest debut albums ever. What I don't like about this album was that one track named Look Around was completely different to their other songs. It's not bad, but it is quite boring. If 'Bright Idea' got stolen/lost, I wouldn't buy it again, because it is saved in my Windows Media Player Library, so I can burn it onto a blank disc! 'Bright Idea' is a definite must-buy album, and a definite 10/10 from me!

InLimbo11
    This is a joke, orson are terrible, listening to them wants to make me projectile vomit, O crap there on the radio now.....lame
    mistertomo123
    iv only heard 2 orson songs no 2moro and bright idea. both of them are good, especially no tomorro which is absolutely brilliant
    R0xx1t
    Orson is a pretty good band, probably not a classic but the album is chock full of good songs and will be listened to for quite a while.
    Dom_y2k4
    took me a while to get into the album but some of the guitar solos are amazing