House Of Secrets review by Otep

• Released: Jul 27, 2004
Otep: House Of Secrets

If Evanescence is Linkin Park with a chick singer, then Otep is like that compared to Tool or Mudvayne. The drumming is awesome, the guitar is nice and loud, and they have a very noticable bass. There's also a bunch of random sounds mixed in there, and the result is pretty scary. If it had the rating, I would give it a 4 1/2.

Honestly, how many chicks do you know that can scream like this? When I first heard this, I thought they had a guy screamer and a chick singer. However, she doesn't really sing on this album too much. Warhead is obviously an anti-bush song, and the rest are very Tool - like lyrics. The compliance of the lyrics and the sound is excellent.

This band would be sort of a mix of Tool, Mudvayne, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but in a good way. I love Warhead, The Autopsy Song, Buried Alive, and House Of Secrets especially. It's not as heavy as what I've heard from the Jihad EP, but it's a lot darker. If it was stolen, I'd just ask my friend to burn me another copy. Again, I'd give the overall impression a 4 1/2.