Jihad review by Otep

• Released: Jun 19, 2001
Otep: Jihad

I know it is a cliche but this band is pure friggin metal. When Marilyn Manson was asked about Otep's frontwoman known only as Otep (who would have thought) he said "That girl scares me." Being called scary by Manson, nuff said. Otherwise the vocals are tortured and heavy as crap with grinding guitars. Even a little bit of hiphop (TRIC). Overall an album to bang your head to.

Haunting and scary. If any other band said the things that Otep say you would listen and laugh at the blood and gothic imagery but when the lead singer Otep says you will die you believe her!

It is one of my favorite records of all time and is my favorite gothic metal record ever. If someone stole it I would track them down, nueter them, then buy the album again. I love the overall sound of the record especially the vocals. The only thing that I didn't like was the song Germ. It's not that bad of a song but it is way too long. Yes it is by far the creepiest song on the record but it is the length of most Metallica songs. If they cut about the last 2 minutes off of Germ than this album would be absolutely perfect.