Sevas Tra review by Otep

• Released: Jun 18, 2002
Otep: Sevas Tra

Overall this record sounds a lot like their Jihad ep. The only thing is since this is their first full studio album they didn't try to stray far from the sound they established during Jihad. Which if you haven't heard is a very good thing. Otep decided to include, in one way or another every song from the Jihad ep (except "Germs," the one song from Jihad I wasn't too fond of). Overall this sound can be summed up in two words, heavy and creepy.

Lyrics are standard fodder for dark metal. But one thing that caught my eye (or ear I should say) was that along with her rants on anything and everything Otep adds in some that are voodoo in her lyrics.

This is an excellant metal record. If it was stolen I would buy three more copies. Overall if you love metal buy this record. I am extremely happy that they added most of Jihad to this record because they are a lot tighter sounding on this record. Some of the fills have been changed and sometimes intros or outros have been added (Sacrliage is basically The Lord Is My Weapon from Jihad with a spoken intro). If you liked Jihad run to the CD store and buy Sevas Tra now (by the way Sevas Tra is Art Saves spelled backwards).