Clumsy review by Our Lady Peace

• Released: Dec 31, 1997
Our Lady Peace: Clumsy

The sound of the music is pretty well put together and it flows well. The music really goes well with the lyrics and all. In "carnival", the music sounds exactly like a carnival, with the light drum beats over and over and the guitar that creates a perfect image of a carnival. On the other hand,about raine's voice you can either love it or f--ckin' think it's the most damn annoying thing on earth. I like it, but I know people who think it's like a cat whining. He has a very distinct style of singing, not heard anywhere else.

All OLP lyrics are awesome. This album is no exception. Ther are times where you wonder what he hell he's singing about, such as in 'Superman's Dead', where he goes "doesn't anybody ever know that the world's a subway". Or in 'Automatic Flowers', where he sings about a supposed crazed girl called sara, but then in the chorus there's the line "these automatic flowers won't do." But because of these somewhat bizarre lyrics, they make you think of what he's trying to say and it's great because it's thought-provoking.

Just like the lyrics you can either love the album or think it's an irritating piece of s--it. I love the album. I love their style in music, lyrics and overall flow. My favourite song from 'Clumsy' is well 'Clumsy'. I think it's because I relate to I most. And that's the thing about olp music you relate to it a lot. if it were stolen-yeah, I'd buy it again.