Clumsy review by Our Lady Peace

• Released: Dec 31, 1997
Our Lady Peace: Clumsy

blinnk16
    Reviewed by: KevinKung, on august 09, 2004 0 of 0 people found this review helpful Sound: The sound of the album is definitely great. Our Lady Peace can't be classified into a certain group because of its eclectic forms of rock they incorporate. The bass lines (Duncan Coutts) are done extremeley well with licks here and there to introduce new parts. The guitarist (Mike Turner) makes a very unique sound out of is guitar which is unheard anywhere else. // 10 Lyrics: The lyrics may be very confusing yet thought provoking. Raine Maida makes a very unique voice also unheard anywhere else. But I think that on all songs he puts in the right tone and mood that expresses his thoughts. // 10 Impression: Our Lady Peace really overcomes the sophomore slump most bands encounter. As critics and fans expected a better 2nd album from their first debut album "Naveed", they outdo themselves with a bunch of great songs. "Superman's Dead" and "Automatic Flowers" are my favorite tracks on the album. There are also slow moving rock songs such as "4 A.M." and "Clumsy" two of they're main signature songs. Nonetheless, Our Lady Peace really makes themselves original on this record. Although it was made back in 1997, it's popularity still exists in the music world today. // 10
    Way to copy everything else said by the first reviews.
    FinderofNemo
    He has a very distinct style of singing, not heard anywhere else.
    I gotta disagree. I like his voice, but it's pretty much a much less nasaly Billy Corgan.