Naveed review by Our Lady Peace

• Released: Mar 21, 1995
Our Lady Peace: Naveed

Canadian rockers Our Lady Peace debuted with their album Naveed. Naveed, meaning bearer of good news, is a collection of some of the most powerful and exploding sounds Our Lady Peace has produced to date. Almost every song in this album is stuffed with stunning vocals, mind-numbing high falsettos, and catchy riffs. Songs like Starseed and Is It Safe, capture a classic rock feel while songs like The Birdman and Hope fit into a genre of their own. Singer, Raine Madia has never gone back to produce vocals as powerful as the ones in Naveed. Once you hear this album, you'll see how much power and emotion went into every song in this disc.

Every song in Naveed paints a picture in your head. Raine Madia doesn't put any lid on his creativity with lyrics like, I can't focus in, on the lies in his head, Convinced oh that his blood is blue, But it's red, red, red yeah! and, Hopelessly the man starts to feed your day, Once he was there you never looked back. How do you think that his words might just fade away, He seemed harmless enough so you let him in and now you'll pay. Lyrically, Naveed was a masterpiece that formed poetic lyrics into classic songs.

Our lady Peace brought rock music to a whole new level with Naveed. It's 4 times platinum rating in Canada is living proof of that. The album has many buried treasures like Julia, Supersatellite and Under Zenith. If you have yet to hear this band, you must listen to Naveed. Its strong lyrics, amazing vocals and killer music will satisfy you, garenteed.

Serrana
    Naveed was an amazing CD...one of my favorite albums thats come out of the 90s(I think thats around when they released it?)
    Paddles
    Naveed had great tracks like The Birdman, the title track, Starseed, Julia and Dirty Walls, but the group was also still stuck in one sound at the time. The above tracks are the only ones that really stand out (and not even so much for Dirty Walls, but it's about the heaviest song on the CD, so it deserves some credit.) Clumsy was a large step forward for the band, and in my opinion their best work. Nonetheless, a good review.