The Ghosts Among Us review by Our Last Night

• Released: Mar 4, 2008
Our Last Night: The Ghosts Among Us

For me, this is one of the best cd's I have heard in a long time. This band has come so far from their demos. They have stepped it up a lot in their music writing. They have become way more technical, but only technical to a point. It's good technical, not over the top like some bands out there. There are pretty music parts, but there are also some very heavy parts, and whn you put all of that together, it sounds Pretty good.

Well, let me just say one thing. The bands singer and screamer are brothers. Trevor Wentworth(screamer) is 14 years old, and to be 14 and get that good of a scream, it takes a lot of skill. His scream really fits the music perfectly. Matt Wentworth (singer) has an amazing voice, that can stretch very far. He can hit high notes that sound like something out of From First to Last or something. The lyrics are great, you can clearly understand them when he sings, and they have a lot of meaning to them.

I think if your a hardcore/post-hardcore fan, you should deffinitly give this CD a chance. Don't just listen to it for a little bit then stop and say you don't like it. Actually listen to it, and give it a chance. Great CD and worth my money. Basically, my impression of them is that if Life in Your Way was a father, and had a son, it's son would be Our Last Night.

LeeReeves25
    This Cd is great. there is nothing that i do not like about it. Matt has an amazing range of vocals and trevor has an extremely powerful scream for a 14 yr. old. I listen to the CD at least some every day. Another thing, these guys have great live performance. i saw them last month in STL. they were fabulous haha and NRLavallee...it seems you don't like them for some personal reasons. not much to say about their music...jsut that they made it big and you didn't. better luck next time
    LeoHH
    their album is insane, so good..i think UGs review is a bit harsh, these guys are gonna be so big. my favourite album since 2006
    Richie81
    I think this album is wicked, sum of their riffs are very orginal and doesnt sound like just another screamo band. There is no song i dislike on this album. Great screamer aswell.
    Co&Ca11
    i think these guys are extremely talented and they put on an amazing live show, i also suggest you check out their two eps, "we've been holding back" and "building cities from scratch", great stuff
    T12ISC
    I love this cd, it's one of my favorites. It might be my taste in music, but I think it blows away their older stuff. I don't think its repetetive; you have songs like "running the clocks" that are sort of happy pop-sounding with an addictive chorus, but then you have songs like "I have fought a measureless battle" that have a more tragic feeling to them. The whole album has a great rhythm and the guitar parts, if you listen to them carefully, are actually pretty complex. You can tell these guys put in a lot of work, and I think it payed off.
    uglyorgan
    i'm not a very big hardcore or screamo fan, but this album hooked me. as generic as their name and album sound, they are very different from any hardcore band I have heard. they are pretty technical, so for anyone saying they arent, attempt to play any of their songs, you'll see how difficult they are. the ug review is pretty harsh, i think they deserve at least a little more credit. sure, their songs all have the same edge, but isnt that the point?