We Will All Evolve review by Our Last Night

• Released: May 4, 2010
Our Last Night: We Will All Evolve

The post-hardcore act is back with their second album. Well, sort of. No one decided to review this album till now. Clearly these guys are quite talented, nonetheless very young. This can be a good thing, and a bad thing. I had really enjoyed this album when it had first came out, and had listened to it numerous times, but now its just one of those albums sitting on my iPod getting played every now and then on shuffle when I work out or am driving. One very noticeable thing that had happened with these guys on this album is how Trevor Wentworth's vocals changed drastically. Like it's good, but I don't understand how he did it, or how it was done. I'm not saying its bad or anything, but judging from their debut album, I did not mind his vocals then, and now it sounds like a totally different person screaming in the mic. The instruments I guess you can say have improved, but overall I think that there is not much difference there.

I want to say that the lyrics are great, but there seriously is nothing groundbreaking about them. But like I said these guys are very young, and still evolving (no pun intended, as to see what the name of the album is called). I have to be honest though, but there is nothing bad about this album, just nothing that strikes out as amazing.

So I said this before, and I will say this again, they are young, and will most certainly evolve. I hope that their future will keep improving. Solid effort done by a pretty good band.

BassKid101
    I love this album personally, dunno if anyone has heard their new single 'Liberate Me' but it sounds fantastic, good things to come from these guys.
    The Spoon
    Metallidethium
    Have loved these guys for quite some time. I used to be in love with this album but much like the reviewer said, I only come back to it at certain times. Looking for something fresh on their new release.
    vppark2
    The Spoon wrote: What a thorough review... I think this CD was good for their genre. Some parts were cheesy and cliche, but there was a fair amount of decent riffing and interesting parts. Judging by the songs from their next album, it seems like this album will probably be the peak for them.
    I think so too, and i will most likely have a better review for their next album coming out in just a couple more wks if i get to it. I think this album just got to the times with me lol it shouldve been reviewed over a year and a half ago!