The Doubble Donkey Disc review by Ozma

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
Ozma: The Doubble Donkey Disc

Want heavy synths with rockin' guitar solos? Ozma's your band. Ozma is what Weezer has been trying to be for years. Ozma brings the rock and leaves you singing on even after the CD's finished. Ozma's sophmore album Doubble Donkey Disc, is as one can tell from the very first track, "Flight Of Yuri Gagarin," heavily influenced by Russian themes, and motifs. After the singing in Red Square, the band breaks right into a catchy melody about infidelity in "No One Needs To Know." The rock just continues.

The lyrics are flawless and flow perfectly with the melody. Compounded with the singer's talent, makes for a great listen.

I must admit after all the shining praise I've given this album, "Rock And Roll Pt. 3," Ozma's first album does surpass the "The Doubble Donkey Disc." My three personal favorite songs are "No One Needs To Know," a song about infidelity and regret, "Korobeiniki," a Russian insturmental folk song popularized as Tetris music, and "The Business Of Getting Down (The Flight Of The BootyMaestro)," a song about a writer trying to impress a love with his melody. For all of you solo nuts, the solo in "No One Needs To Know" will blow your mind. I personally think it is a perfectly crafted solo flowing from the melody and becoming it's own thing. Your Ozma collection cannot be complete without this hallmark album of pure rock.