Black Rain review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: May 22, 2007
Ozzy Osbourne: Black Rain

I am extremely impressed with this albums sound. The quality is the best, and the music itself is a true pleaser. It's not really traditional Ozzy but damn it's good! Some of the songs such as Black Rain and The Almighty Dollar contain a sort of Arabic tone to it in some points of the songs. I truely love this album with the exception of 2 songs (11 Silver, Countdown's Begun) which really didn't excite me that much. But still there are 8 other great songs on here. It's another good 'ol Ozzy album.

The lyrics are really good and thoughtful. Though Ozzy was completely sober when writing and recording the album it still sounds like the Ozzy we know and love. The lyrics go with the music very well to. Ozzy's singing can actually match the style of music in some instances. Ozzy may be getting pretty old but it sure as hell isn't showing or should I say sounding like it. He still sounds great. And don't think that they tweaked his voice in the studio because I heard him live recently and he sounded great as always.

I wouldn't say this album can be compared to other Ozzy albums. It's unique in every way and it's definetly a good thing. The most impressive songs on the album to me were "Not Going Away,""I Don't Wanna Stop,""Lay Your World On Me," and "The Almighty Dollar." They al truely stood out and rocked out. I love almost everything about this album besides the two songs I mentioned earlier, and I don't hate anything abou this album. And if it was stolen or lost I would definelty buy it again. Another great Ozzy album. A must-buy for fans or newcomers to Ozzy's crowd.

something-cool
    i think it was ok a little to dark for me on some songs but over all it is pretty good
    Amp 714 Fuck you
    something-cool
    i don't know who wrote it but someone earlier said "Zakk has more expierience than Randy Could ever have" well no duh Rhoads is dead Zakk is alive Swisgar Swisgel Fuck You
    seth21
    this album is dark and heavy but not sabbath heavy and dark. remember ozzys drug use and age though.they are both great so is ozzy.MachinesMadeMe you suck. R.I.P Randy Rhoads
    j-walk
    Some of you are such ****in goofs. But anyways, not very many bands consistently keep putting out kick ass albums, so **** it. Let the new shit be the soundtrack of the now, Weve all heard bliz and no more tears a billion times yes? In my opinion rhodes was probally better but zakk still kicks ass.
    nightrage0109
    OZZy you need to get rid of zakk wylde. for so many reasons but ill sum it up. zakk wylde has a solo career which is fine. but why does the new ozzy cd sound like im f***** listening to Black Label? Ozzy and Black Label are to entirely different things. Ozzy is sopposed to sound like ,"beyond belivable", "heavy original", more than your imagination can handle type shit. with sick ass guitars!!! i hate zakks style! its done! that squeal is for fags. the ozzman needs a fresh guitar player the same way "for exmpl" metallica needs to get rid of lars, to broaden our minds with change. i dont get that with zakk he should stay in bls thats prob why he made bls to fallback if ozzy would find a true bad ass mofo. i know most of you are fans of zakk i can tell by the post but he is on a overated list in my opinion! and my suggestion would be nice. then i would go and pay to see ozzy like i used to.
    nightrage0109
    and zakk, please stop ruining the CRAZY TRAIN intro with your bullshit squeal man its not kool. play it like you maker does!!! for the sake of the true ozzfans. NOW! all of you teeny bopper emo, nu the metal scene kids who like zack all i am saying that your just his slave and obviously just dont know shit!
    Storm_russia
    Yeah. I think that it's the very good Ozzy's album. It's cool that "he don't wanna stop". I'm from Russia and Ozzy is the greatest musician for me !!!!
    Silas S Thompso
    pkweon : It was okay... was not a better buy compare to megadeth's new album but it had a few descent song. plus I got the limited edition anyways.. UA is a kickass album. Also about Rhandy he was more inovative because he came earlier. Zakk had people like rhoads and Van Halen to learn from as well as take on styles from people like Marty Friedman (Who would woop his ass anyday.) But What I'me saying is rhandy had to be more creative because metal was less developed in 1980
    CLib
    Other than trap door, which should have been replaced with one of the bonus tracks, this is an amazing album