Blizzard of Ozz review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: Jan 15, 1981
Ozzy Osbourne: Blizzard of Ozz

I absolutely love this album. Ozzy's voice is perfect, and is as creepy as ever. Also, Randy Rhoads guitar parts are phenomenal. They make the songs flow, and the solos are truely epic, such as Mr Crowley's solo and Goodnight to Romance's solo. My favourite songs off this album are Mr Crowley, Goodnight to Romance and Dee. Mr Crowley is just fantastic. Ozzy's vocals are spot on, the two solo's are amazing and the rhythm guitar parts make the song flow ever so well. Goodnight to Romance is a soft song, and it is a really nice song to listen to. Ozzy's voice is fantastic on this track, and the guitar parts that make up the main melody are great. It is such an easy song to listen to. And the solo. Well, it is truely epic. As the intensity of the song begins to build up, the solo comes in and really defines the word "epic." Dee is an instrumental track, which showcases the true talent of Randy Rhoads. I love listening to this track and can never really get bored of it. However, saying that, it is not the best instrumental track Randy has ever recorded. On the whole, the band is snug on this album, everything is perfectly mixed in my opinion, and this album is in my opinion Ozzy's best. It showcases his talent so well. And for me, this album showcases the talent of Randy Rhoads better than the other two Ozzy albums he worked on.

To be honest, as much as the lyrics lack depth, Ozzy's singing is so good that you really don't need to pay much attention to how the lyrics actually relate with each other. Ozzy's voice is perfect on this album, and it is Ozzy in his prime. If you're a fan of his work in Black Sabbath, then you'll enjoy his work on this album, definitely.

Any Ozzy fan or fan of his work in Black Sabbath would love this album. It truly captures the magic between him and Randy Rhoads. You will be amazed with the solo's on this album, they really are fantastic. If you're looking to get into Randy's playing style, this album is definitely a must have as it captures his talent like no other album he has recorded on.

AdamDK
    Oops, error on my review, I said "Goodnight to Romance" instead of "Goodbye". My bad.
    boyan89
    Randy shines on Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley, Revelation (Mother Earth)and Suicide Solution.