Blizzard of Ozz review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: Jan 15, 1981
Ozzy Osbourne: Blizzard of Ozz

Recorded in 1980, by far, this is the best Ozzy album. Randy Rhoads is my favorite guitarist of all time. If your starting to listen to Ozzy, but don't have any of his music, this is the one I would pick up first. Randy; s guitar and Ozzys singing mesh perfecty on this album.

Lets start with I don't Know. it's the opener for the album, so I like how it opens where it gets louder then starts with a slide on guitar. It also has a nice guitar riff. Crazy Train. A classic. The whole song is perfect, there's nothing they should have done better or different. The solo is one of the best on any song I have heard. Good-bye To Romance is an okay song. it's about Ozzy's departure from Black Sabbath. Dee is an acoustic song with only Randy playing. It was named Dee after Randy's mom, Delores, I think. Suicide Solution has a nice riff in it. Two boys were influenced by this song and they killed themselves. But what it was really about, from Ozzy's point of view, was him drinking himself to death. Mr. Crowley is the second best song on the album, compared to Crazy Train. It was really about Aliester Crowley, a guy who had a birthmark of 666 and killed people. Ozzy heard about him, didn't know who he was and wrote a song along the lines of "Who where you" "What were you about". No Bone Movies was a cool song with a good main riff. Revelation ( Mother Earth ) I don't really listen to about much, but I think it's about the end of the world or something. Steal Away The Night is just much like You Lookin At Me ( Lookin At You ) ( which is on the 2002 remastered version ); they both have kick-butt guitar riffs and solos.

If I lost the album or if it was stolen from me, I would definately go and re-buy it. The most impressive songs from the album are Crazy Train, I don't Know, Mr. Crowley and Suicide Solution. I can't really compare it to any other albums because I don't really know that many albums that are as good or better that this one, besides Diary Of A Madman, also by Ozzy.

Thayil_Noise
    DEE is "unquestionably" the weakest song? Are you ****ing retarded? That is an amazing peice of music. So much better than the shit "eruption". It was written for his mother, and is such a great song, you dont need to shred to make great music.