Diary Of A Madman review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: Jan 1, 1981
Ozzy Osbourne: Diary Of A Madman

This is the follow up to the album Blizzard Of Ozz and this is by far my favorite Ozzy Osbourne album. Every song is great. You got songs like SATO with a whole load of special effects and you got the cool beginning guitar riff for the song Over The Mountain. You can also get a remastered version where the song I Don't Know (Live) is a bonus track. The solo for Diary Of A Madman is awesome and Randy Rhoads is one of the best guitar players of all time.

The lyrics to this album is great just like the music. Ozzy Osbourne is a great singer and he has great skills. The lyrivs and the music fit fine. The one line that always gets stuck in my head when I think of this album is the part in SATO when Ozzy sings 'Wind is high so am I'.

This is one of my favorite albums of all time. It's just as good as any of the new metal stuff that is being released today. The two most impressive songs on the album in my opinion are SATO and Diary Of A Madman. I hope that I never loose this cd or nobody steals it.

quinlikesmetal
    this is possibly the greatest ozzy album of all time. it combines an element of epic-ness with pure hard metal
    fullsail
    one of the most perfect albums ever made.A benchmark every one else aspires to.Every song is a perfect 10!The riffs of rhoads have stood the test of time.The outro solo on tonight in itself will stick in your head forever.This album too melodic metal to the heights of superstardom and will always be there.
    MaggaraMarine
    I like most songs on this album. But there are some cliches in many songs. And some of the lyrics are just terrible IMO. IMO Ozzy isn't that good as a lyricist. For example the whole "You Can't Kill Rock'n'Roll" is a cliche (the line "they don't even know what they're talking about..." really annoys me). Though it has some cool things (the clean guitar sound is awesome, so are the instrumental parts). I also hate that the beginning of the solo in "Believer" is exactly the same as in "Mr. Crowley" (and I also hate the lyrics in this song - the line "you got to believe in yourself..." I don't know what's wrong with it but it sounds so cliche and annoys me). They also repeat some musical ideas that they had on the first album, for example the clean part in "Little Dolls" is almost exactly the same as the clean part in "I Don't Know". I don't know if I prefer the first album or this. Both are pretty good. My favorite song on this album is definitely "Flying High Again". That's just an awesome song. And I think second best song is "Little Dolls" or "Over the Mountain".