Diary Of A Madman Review

Ozzy Osbourne: Diary Of A Madman
Released: 1981
Genre: Rock
Styles: British Metal, Album Rock, Neo-Classical Metal, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
It's not uncommon to find fans who prefer Diary to Blizzard, since it sets an even more mystical, eerie mood, and since Rhoads' playing is progressing to an even higher level.
 9.9
Diary Of A Madman Reviewed by: metaljunkie22, on february 17, 2005

Sound: This was Ozzy's second solo album, coming off the amazing album Blizzard Of Ozz. This album however had a little more classical influence (eg the title track). Like on Blizzard the guitar is amazing, thanks to the late great guitar god Randy Rhoads. This album really made Ozzy's solo career take off, and made Rhoads even more of a guitar god. Ozzy's vocals are very good and he delivers a range of different sounds throughout the album (all the types are heavy and amazing though). // 10

Lyrics: Ozzy of course is one of the (if not the best) metal singer out there, because his voice fits and is understandable and of course he invented metal. The lyrics range from many things, the second track, flying high again is about drugs and has a rather drugged up sound (still amazing though). The third track, You Can't Kill Rock N Roll is just an all out great rock songs with a less heavy feel. The fifth song, Little Dolls has a heavy sound with amazing drums bass and guitar (of course), while the lyrics are about unsuspecting people falling to voodoo. There is even a somewhat love, happy song on the album in Tonight, which still delivers a great solo by Rhoads. Finally another song with mentionable lyrics is the title track, which has lyrics which give a look into the mind of a Madman, hence the title, but overall this album has some of Ozzy's finest lyrics, and shows he can be a successful solo artist. // 10

Overall Impression: Diary Of A Madman and Blizzard Of Ozz are the Ozzman's two greatest albums (more then a coincidenc that Randy Rhoads played on both). I love how well the lyrics work with the amazing guitars, also the guitar solos are godly. Whether its the shredding solos in Flying High Again or SATO, or the slower classical song Diary Of A Madman, the guitar is amazing. Personally my favorite song on the album is either Diary Of A Madman or Little Dolls or Flying High Again or SATO or Tonight or Over The Mountain or Believer or You Can't Kill Rock N Roll. Actually those are all the albums songs, so asking my favorite song would be like asking me to choose my favorite out of my children (if I had any). If I lost or broke this album I would undoubtedly go out and buy this album again, maybe even a second copy for back up just incase, Ozzy is god. // 10

Diary Of A Madman Reviewed by: Rattlehead666, on october 28, 2005

Sound: This is the follow up to the album Blizzard Of Ozz and this is by far my favorite Ozzy Osbourne album. Every song is great. You got songs like SATO with a whole load of special effects and you got the cool beginning guitar riff for the song Over The Mountain. You can also get a remastered version where the song I Don't Know (Live) is a bonus track. The solo for Diary Of A Madman is awesome and Randy Rhoads is one of the best guitar players of all time. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics to this album is great just like the music. Ozzy Osbourne is a great singer and he has great skills. The lyrivs and the music fit fine. The one line that always gets stuck in my head when I think of this album is the part in SATO when Ozzy sings 'Wind is high so am I'. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of my favorite albums of all time. It's just as good as any of the new metal stuff that is being released today. The two most impressive songs on the album in my opinion are SATO and Diary Of A Madman. I hope that I never loose this cd or nobody steals it. // 10

Comments