Down To Earth review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: Oct 16, 2001
Ozzy Osbourne: Down To Earth

Ozzy Osbourne, a vital member of what was the heaviest band of the '70s, Black Sabbath and most importanlty the wizard, the prince of darkness. His enchanting voice, brilliant lyrics. Down to Earth was just another album of Ozzy, with briiliant recording and even better production, this album has all the ingredients of a decent album. This album, I would classify as a hard rock/metal album. It is not an outright headbanging album, yet it has some tracks which are really great.

The lyrics are classic Ozzy ones. With Dreamer, he potrayed all his great qualities as a lyricist. Gets Me Through is another track that has great lyrics. Singer skills? Well, this dude has got more than just skill. His oh so bloody enchanting voice, at times his psychotic appearence, this is what ozzy osbourne is. With great solos, do not start comparing any of them to Randy's, but all the same a good solo is a good solo. The track Gets Me through is my favourite, for the simple reason that it is overall the best.

Ozzmosis was a great album, better than this one by far. But the only reason that this album wasn't great was that it was quite hopeless towards the end. Junkie was ok, Gets Me Through was great, Dreamer was good, Running Out Of Time was bearable, but the rest were ok, not what one expects from Ozzy. But whatever one says, this album just shows that ozzy, he isn't the same metal hearted psycho that I loved. But there is a small hope with tracks like Gets Me Through! I think this album was pretty ok overall but not the greatest.

washingmachine
    Truely one of Ozzy's best albums. I agree Ozzy is one of the most brilliant metal vocalists ever, but on this album his vocals are starting to sound understandably worn out!
    Boooonnngggggg9
    This album is heavy and has great lyrics, the only thing wrong with it is the guitar, dont get me wrong its very heavy and has awesome riffs, but they arent creative, i know zakk and hes more creative then this