Live At Budokan Review

artist: Ozzy Osbourne date: 04/11/2005 category: compact discs
Ozzy Osbourne: Live At Budokan
Released: Jun 25, 2002
Genre: Rock
Styles: British Metal, Album Rock, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Neo-Classical Metal, Pop-Metal
Live At Budokan is nothing to avoid, but there are much better collections available featuring the same rock & roll madman in more spirited days.
 8.9
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Live At Budokan Reviewed by: mrbeanconqueror, on april 11, 2005

Sound: Initial impression: I just want to hear Ozzy live. I also think Zakk Wylde is nothing but just a mere replacement of the great Rhandy Rhoads. However, after listening to the CD, I was overwhelmed and mesmerized by the guitar work of Zakk Wylde. Ozzy Osbourne: Live At Budokan is recorded live in Budokan Hall, Japan. This CD is simply impressive. Ozzy and his band performed several of their greatest hits like Crazy Train, Bark At The Moon and Mama, I'm Coming Home. I was really mesmerized by how Zakk played his guitar and I really love all the fill-ins he made. His guitar solo were simply flawless live. Whenever I listen to this CD, my main aim is to listen and admire the guitar skills of Zakk Wylde. // 10

Lyrics: I think the lyrics are okay. Ozzy's singing was also okay, nothing impressive. // 8

Overall Impression: Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley, Bark At The Moon, Paranoid... I just can't finish naming all the songs on this CD that impressed me. Even though some of the songs were written by Rhandy Rhaods, but Zakk Wylde played it so perfectly. I really enjoy the solos and even Robert Trujillo's bass lines were loud and clear. I think Ozzy's singing was okay, or else it would have been a perfect album. The crowd were really enthusiastic in the whole event that they sang along and even pleaded Ozzy to bring them an extra song. If it were stolen, I would surely have purchased it again and so that I can admire the guitar work of Zakk Wylde. // 10

Comments