Live & Loud [DVD] review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: Sep 30, 1997
  • Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 8
Ozzy Osbourne: Live & Loud [DVD]

Ozzy Osbourne is a heavy metal band from the '80s, with Zakk Wylde being the gutarist (now has his own band named "Black Label Society") on Mike Inez bass, Randy Castillo pounding the drums and of course Ozzy Osbourne singing. The singer Ozzy Osbourne was once in another heavy metal band by the name of Black Sabbath before being kicked out for drug/alcohol abuse. They are considered one of the most influential metal bands in history. Ozzy Osbourne's sound is usaully one with electrifying guitar riffs and blistering solos by hi-gain guitars and the use of synthesizers is included in a few songs. Ozzy Osbourne's voice is one that is very distinct darker voice that is easily recognisable.

Content — 7
The DVD is a live DVD with various footage from the his 1993 tour. You notice the use different vootage during a song as Zakk Wylde's guitar changes half way through the song a few times. The songs setlist is basically all their hits from previous years and a few Black Sabbath covers (e.g. Crazy Train, No More Tears, Goodbye To Romance, Iron Man, Paranoid, Mr Crowley etc.) The original Black Sabbath does come on stage for one song titled "Black Sabbath." This performance is a great performance and I was quite satisfied overall with set list. Although it is a live DVD, there is a skit going throughout the set list (starting and stopping), where Ozzy is in his hotel complaining. There arn't any extra features on this DVD which is a shame. But the length of the DVD itself makes up for it as it is a 2DVD set.

Production Quality — 8
The sound on this DVD is almost perfect, with no excessive crowd noise and none one over powering each other (instrumental wise). The video footage is also decent quality, but what annoys me is that the camera angles change from one concert to another during mid solo. Apart from that, the production quality is very reasonable.

Compared to other DVD's I have viewed, this has to be one of the best. The quality of sound and footage is half decent, has enough viewing material and a good setlist. But thing that really does it for me is the overall package. Altogether the DVD is really good which is why I believe it is one of those classics you must have and is well worth the price ($20AUD). If it did happen to go missing I think I might actaully get another copy as it is a DVD that has more replayability then others and the price isn't to bad.

udy
    Hm... . Unfortunately Zakk is too loud and pell mell for me. After Jack E. I think there is a very implicate thing to give something new. I prefer listening old Ozzy to new ones.....
    DrakeMusic4Life
    The only thing that I don't like about it is that it's a lot of clips from different concerts put together instead of it just being one show. It's still good though. It's cool. I much prefer Live At Budokan though.