No Rest For The Wicked review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: Oct 22, 1988
Ozzy Osbourne: No Rest For The Wicked

Okay, I will begin with saying that this was the first Ozzy album that had Zakk Wylde on guitar. I can see why Zakk got so popular so fast with Ozzy. His guitar playing on this album sounds absolutley amazing! The guitar sounds very crisp and a little distorted, making a well known sound on Ozzy albums for time to come. The bass is honestly nothing special. It's there, but it really doesn't make the music any more interesting or attention-grabbing. The drums are pretty good. The beats and sounds it has all over the album just make the album alot better to listen to.

Ozzy's voice was, in my opinion, alot better than on the last album, "The Ultimate Sin". It sounded as if he had stopped using that moaning sound as a way to sing and actually tried on this album. Excellent vocals. The album is very stretched on what the songs are about. The opening track "Miracle Man" is about one of those corrupt Televangelists who would later be found to use prostitutes when he denounced it on live TV. "Breakin The Rules" is kinda easy to figure out what it's about. "Bloodbath in paradise" is about the Charles Manson Murders. But, some people say that it is about the Vietnam war. I've looked at the lyrics and I seriously think that the song is about Manson. But that is just my opinion, I could be wrong. An interesting kinda progressive rock song called "Fire in the sky", to me, seems to talk about how the Narrator's Kingdom has totally collapsed, and the song is happening as he watches it. Such as the line "Can't you see that my castles are burning?" And then there are 2 tracks, "Demon Alchohol" and Tattooed Dancer" that are too obvious to know what they are about. The lyrics on this album, as I said earlier, are very spanned, which is kind of interesting, because you don't see this alot from Ozzy.

Compared to other Ozzy albums, this is actually my favorite Ozzy album. 2nd: Blizzard of Ozz. 3rd: Bark at the moon. When I first got this album, I actually wasn't too sure about it, because Ozzy fans I knew didn't really talk about this album a whole lot. To this day, I don't really know why. It's great! The best songs on this album are: 1. Breakin' all the rules 2. Fire in the sky 3. Miracle man The one thing I really love this album. This album is my reccomendation to anyone who wants to start listening to Ozzy. And it's really interesting how this is Zakk's first album with Ozzy. Anyway, there's nothing to really dislike about the album. If it were lost or stolen I would get another copy of it. It is a very good album and if you are an ozzy fan (and haven't heard it yet), or someone who wants to start listening to Ozzy, you really need to hear this!

krvolok
    AllJudasPriest wrote: Easily one of Ozzy's worst albums ever. No Zakk Wylde album compares to the brilliance of Randy Rhoads' or God-Like quality of each objective merit of Jake E. Lee's. This album also contained a blatant lack of imagination in regards to the lyrics, gone entirely are ANY kind of social commentary known in the first four releases and right from the beginning, Zakk Wylde proved to be a one-trick pony. Tattooed Dancer is a kick ass rocker of the first order, Bloodbath In Paradise and Breaking All The Rules is okay, Fire In The Sky is great but Ozzy sounds horrible. The rest is completely dreadful yuck. AVOID THIS ALBUM!
    Ozzy is rescued by what ever guitarist did the guitar tracks on the respective album.Rhoads,Wylde so on and so on.So the same could be said for any Ozzy album.
    Dr.Train
    I think No More Tears was a good Zakk album,the only one I would listen to with Zakk on it though. But I think that mostly has to do with the fact the Lemmy Kilmeister helped write alot of the songs on it.
    AllJudasPriest