No Rest For The Wicked review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: Oct 22, 1988
Ozzy Osbourne: No Rest For The Wicked

It's Ozzy's first album with Zakk Wylde and his 5th solo effort. It's clearly very different from Ozzman's previous work, "Ultimate Sin". It's more raw and louder. The drums play a bigger role now, I really like how they sound. Zakk's playing is very "in your face" and precise, there are a lot of great riffs on this album. It's definitely one of Ozzy's best sounding album, very well produced and full of energy.

The lyrics are good, can't complain really. They're not too deep, ranging from personal issues ("The Liar", "Demon Alcohol", "Hero") to publicly known stuff ("Miracle Man", "Bloodbath In Paradise"). Ozzy sounds great on this album and there's not much more to say. It's not like he sounded too different before.

Like I said, it's the first Ozzy Osbourne album that Zakk Wylde plays on. It's different from anything Ozzy did before, it's more raw and ballsy. It's very consistent and has memorable songs like "Breaking All The Rules", "Miracle Man", "Tattooed Dancer", "Demon Alcohol". I love the sound of this album, a really heavy music piece and the last great Ozzy record along with "No More Tears".

Dukey
    Great album! I really loved, I bought it along with Diary Of A Madman and Bark At The Moon - It was better than Bark but not as good as Diary (even Zakk Wylde himself will admit it - especially because his favorite Ozzy record was Diary!) Best songs: Miracle Man, Crazy Babies, Breaking All The Rules