The Essential Ozzy Osbourne review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: Feb 11, 2003
Ozzy Osbourne: The Essential Ozzy Osbourne

The quality of the music on this CD comes from Ozzy first started solo with Randy right through to with Zakk. I believe that the older songs on the disc have been remastered as the quality of each song is that of a song you would buy from a new aspiring artist in the modern day. The different tonal changes whether it be from Randys guitar to Zakks pinch harmonic riffs or Ozzy voice changing with age all songs are individual and unique, easily being distinguished as an Ozzy Osbourne song. With some tracks being live versions you get a true idea as to Ozzy's music over the past 20 or so years.

Ozzy's lyrics have always had a meaning. Some copping some bad reviews such as Suicide Solution, others that are just unique like Mr. Crowley or Diary of a Madman. Although Ozzy's voice has lowered in quality with time he's still able to perform it to the best of his ability. See Live at Budokan.

I think that Essential Ozzy is a must have CD. It gives you the chance to hear some of Ozzy's best hits over the past 20 or so years in the space of 2 compact discs. The most favourite songs would have to come down to what everyone personally enjoys listening to, for me that would be Road To Nowhere, Goodbye To Romance, No More Tears and Mama, I'm Comin' Home. Theres nothing to hate about this CD unless you hate Ozzy, all songs are some of his and his band members' best and nothing can doubt his writing ability. If I lost this CD I would be straight down to the CD shop to buy another copy. It's something every Ozzy fan should have.