Tribute review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: Jan 1, 1987
Ozzy Osbourne: Tribute

Ozzy on his first two albums had a very special sound that could not be recreated after Randy Rhoads died. This carries over into this album. Everything works together perfectly, Randy's tone on his guitar, Rudy Sarzo's bass, Tommy Aldridge's drums and Ozzy's vocals. Randy does plenty of improvization (and a nasty guitar solo in Suicide Solution), and the drum solo in "Steal Away The Night" rules. Unlike most performers, Ozzy sounds a lot better live than he does in the studio (and he sounds fantastic in the studio).

Ozzy's lyrics seem simple, but they all have deeper meaning. Ozzy is easily the most famous metal singer, ever. His singing voice is easily recognizable, and the lyrics fit well with his style of music. Of course, why am I ranting about lyrics? This album is about Randy, not Ozzy.

This is overall one of, if not the, best album I own, seriously. It shows us just how great of a guitarist Randy was. The best songs are "Mr. Crowley" (which we get to hear in its entirety without the fade-out at the end), "Children Of The Grave," "Paranoid," "Suicide Solution," and the "Dee" outtakes. I don't have to worry about this being stole, since I've already bought many backup copies. There isn't much to hate about this album, unless you don't like live recordings. The studio albums are great, but if you want to hear Ozzy and Randy at their best, get this album. It will be one of the best decisions you ever make.