Tribute review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: Jan 1, 1987
Ozzy Osbourne: Tribute

This album was the only live studio album that Randy Rhaods made with Ozzy, and if you haven't listened to it yet, you have not head what a real guitarist sounds like. Randy was only 24 when he died, and even with his young age, he is one of the greatest guitarist that ever lived. He was able to combine classical guitar with heavy metal soloing, evidence to this fact would be Revelations, and even parts on Mr. Crowley, which is the greatest song I have ever heard, the live version captures all of the energy that you can only get seeing Randy and Ozzy onstage together.

The songs on this album are off of Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of a Madman, both albums show the Ozzman in his prime, vocally and creatively. Along with Bob Daisley and Randy Rhoads, the lyrics are well thought out. Songs like Mr. Crowley changed my life forever since the first time I listened to it.

This album is the greatest live album I have yet to hear, which is saying alot. I recently picked up a guitar and it has made me appreciate how great Randy was, and how amazing he could have been had he lived longer. The solo from Mr Crowley will forever be burned into my soul, and Randy Rhaods will forever be my favorite guitarist, ahead of Kirk Hammett, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, and Hendrix. They are all amazing guitarists but Randy was the first one that blew my brains away. If this album were stolen I would kill whoever had it, but first I would congradulate them on they're impecible taste in music.

darkowns
    randy is really the greatest guitarist in the world. he had garnered a reputation matching eddie van halen or even jimi hendrix in just 2 years when it took them half of their lives to build up.
    metalhead_365
    imagen how good randy would be now if hadnt of left us when he did, he was the best guitarist since the invention of the guitar and if he was here im sure he would still be rockin' with us now. he was a genius enough said. R.I.P randy
    fear no beer
    the albums called tribute,the artist is ozzy osbourne,all you have to do is read the back of the album before u buy it and u will know its a tribute to randy rhoads as guitar_poet said you cant tribute yourself can ya,read the album booklet to educate yourself
    Bwandon:)
    my first tattoo will be Mr Crowley's solo in musical notation covering my arm
    randyrhoads#1
    The guy didnt even say it was an Ozzy tribute randyrhoads#1, you douche.... its called Ozzy Osbourne"Tribute"... but yeah anywho Randy was God Ive got a picture of him that Im going to get as my first tattoo its fricken sweet! POSTED: 09/12/2006 - 12:45 am / quote | all i am saying is that the title should have been randy rhoads tribute. So basically you are calling me a douche but still saying the same thing I did. Not cool to call one of randys biggest fans a douche...when in fact your the one who is a douche.
    Guitar_Poet
    randyrhoads#1 wrote: one thing is wrong here! this wa not a tribute to ozzy this was put together by ozzy and randys mom as a tribute to randy. look it up or read the inside of the album cover its not an ozzy tribute.
    well yea, you cant really do a tribute to yourself now can you lol... so of course its not for ozzy. meh
    michael_romeo_7
    Bwandon:)
    Randy also thought EVH's playing was alot of smoke and mirrors, and everything he did was really easy to do. I have that in a magazine if you want me to quote it fully. But Randy also lived to be 25. EVH is still alive, so EVH has had alot more time to hone his chops. Zakk Wylde went through a crazy transformation from Ozzy's 'No rest for the wicked' to the latest BLS album. Think if Randy had some crazy auesome change...
    Bwandon:)
    randys tone is amazing in all of the solos on this album, but if hes using his les paul on the song (ill provide list shortly) then i find it to be alot better. Over ther Mountain-White Jackson (tuned to Eb) I don't Know-Les Paul/Black Jackson Crazy Train-Les Paul Believer-White Jackson (tuned to Eb) Flying High-White Jackson/Black Jackson (tuned to Eb) Mr Crowley-Sandoval polka dot V Revalation-Les Paul Steal Away-Les Paul Suicide Solution/Spotlight solo-Sandoval polka dot V Iron Man-Les Paul Children of the Grave-Les Paul Paranoid-Les Paul Goodbye To Romance-Les Paul No Bone Movies-Les Paul Rhoads was a god. theres no questioning it. Randy Lives in our hearts through his albums, which he poured every bit of his soul into them as much as he could. He was such a beautiful person and an amazing guitarist. Long live Randall William Rhoads.
    randyrhoads#1
    your right evh played more of a blues type method where randy was more neo-classical but sorry buddy neo classical is much harder to master than the blues. its real a personal preference on who was better. but randy was definately way more of a technical guitarist than evh ever was. randy had a whole lot more theory and that is a fact.
    rollingstones
    thi sis a realy great album. its i sunfortunate that randy rhoads isnt with us anymore but it is a great tribute to the music he made with ozzy. R.I.P Randy Rhoads
    some-_1
    This album is amazing and the guitarin is superb. If Randy was still alive he would be the best guitarist in the world, he is by far the best i have heard.
    SkinnyWhiteBoy
    This is my second favorite live album of all-time, and it really shows you what an amazing guitarist Randy Rhoads was. I used to be obsessed with this album, and Randy Rhoads when I first started playing guitar last year. No joke. But, after listening to the album for the billionth time, I started getting sick of it, and Randy Rhoads, and even though he's been replaced by other guitarists on my favorites list, he will still be one of my biggest inspirations to play, if not the greatest. Truly an inspiring and amazing guitarist.. EVH didn't have **** on Randy, he just did more tapping. Randy Rhoads made some of the best riffs of the 80s, possibyl one of the greatest riffs of ALL time with Crazy Train, and had arguably some of the best solos live and in studio in recent history. He will be missed... RIP, R.R....
    randyrhoads#1
    this is one of my all time favorite albums!! long line randy. he was only famous for a couple of years before he died just imagine if he was still around today. he would probably be the best guitarist ever if he isnt already!!!!
    kow God
    THIS IS the greatest album of all time. Randy Rhoads is definately in the top 5 for great guitarists. It is a shame that he died. Just think how good he would be now. Thats Crazy.