Tribute review by Ozzy Osbourne

• Released: Jan 1, 1987
Ozzy Osbourne: Tribute

This album was made in 1987 to honor the late great Randy Rhoads. It contains the only live recordings of Randy. The recordings came from the Diary of a Madman Tour, which is the tour that Randy passed away on. It is a very hard rock record, but it also contains a bit of classical, seeing as it is Randy. Everyone sounded great, including Ozzy.

I have listend to every song on this album multiple times, but honestly, I couldn't tell you all the words to any of the songs. Not because of Ozzy, but because I only listen to Randy. But the lyrics are good and very rock and roll style. Ozzy sounds stronger than ever and shows everyone the talent he possess. But some of it is a little hard to understand. Ozz must have had a drink or 12 before the shows.

If you are looking for a good guitar album, don't even hesitate to buy this. This is one of the greatest live albums ever and is a fitting tribute to Randy. The best songs would be Mr. Crowley, Suicide Solution (which contains a great guitar solo), and Crazy Train. The album also includes outtakes from Randy's recording of Dee. I have listened to this more times than I can count, and I'm still amazed everytime I listen to it. The guitar just takes you away. It this were stolen, I'd buy two copies of it, just incase it was stolen again!

mongo_man
    Randy Rhoads is one my of abosolute favorite guitarists! Probably my favorite! This album is really great! I love it! and yes... if Rhoads had lived today, he would have been god-like! seriously... he is awsome. R.I.P Randy Rhoads
    quinlikesmetal
    this is the greatest album i have ever bought without argument. This album os what realy turned me on to metal, and especially the work of randy.
    rockandmetalfan
    i have been a Randy Rhoads fan for a long time so when i saw this album in the store i got it. i went home listened to it and ill say this album kicks ass! this is the best live album of all time no doubt about it. it is pure rock n roll. buy it! R.I.P. Randy Rhoads