Payable On Death review by P.O.D.

• Released: Nov 4, 2003
P.O.D.: Payable On Death

When I first listened to this CD, my thoughts were. I got robbed! It was nothing like I expected it. I heard good things about "Satellite" and because it wasn't in the store at the time I decided to pick this one up. It is loud, strong and it delivers. However it is not what I thought it would be. It is a good CD without a doubt and it has some kickass songs too however don't expect a "Use Your Illusion I or II" out of it. It ain't that good.

POD is a band known for having strong and catchy riffs and deep lyrics that deliver the bands Christian faith in a subtle yet clear way. There is not a single song with crappy lyrics, I can guarantee you that but some songs sound good and the lyrics don't quite go (but they never reach the crappy level)with the sound (The Reasons)or the songs have good lyrics but the sound doesn't deliver. This is the CD from my point of view: 01. WildfireWill You - the first single they throwed. Real good stuff. This song has some of the best lyrics in the album. The part in which he screams "Will You" like crazy was wack to me at first but you'll get used to it. 4 out of 5. 03. Change The World - the best song in the whole CD. This was the second single they released but people apparently didn't care and it didn't get as much airplay as "Will You" did. Great lyrics with a great riff. 5 out of 5. 04. Execute The Sounds - great song. Another excellent song. In this song you can appreciate how Sonny uses this Jamaican accent to kind of rap the lyrics that talk about Jah (Jesus,Javeh). Is all right. 4.5 out of 5. 05. Find My Way - good but not as good as the 4 before it. It may just be me but this song just doesnt apppeal to me. I skip it sometimes. 3 out of 5. 06. Revolution - good yet catchy and at the same time with decent lyrics. 3.5 out of 5. 07. The Reasons - the same case as Find My Way. Is not that good tend to skip it. A filling, if you ask me. 2.5 out of 5. 08. Freedom Fighter - the song is good better than most of the CD and the only one in the middle able to step up to the first 4 if you ask me. 4 out of 5. 09. Waiting On Today - good but still nothing that stands out of the crowd once again. Better than many of the others though. 3.5 out of 5. 10. I And Identify - good solo. That is it. 3.5 out of 5. 11. Asthma - this song is heavy and wack. Well we can always skip to Wildfire. 2 out of 5. 12. Eternal - an acoustic 6:00 minute (or so) instrumental song. Well Wildfire it is. 1 out of 5.

The album is good but don't expect it to be outstanding or anything. Is not close to bad but is just doesn't have anything special or brings anything new to the table. What I don't like about this CD is how they throw all the best songs headfirst. Beside the CD brings a demo of some Amplitude game for PS2. I dont have a PS2 so I'm screwed. I wouldn't buy this CD if it got lost. No way. POD is good but is not GN'R, AC/DC or Stryper.