Payable On Death review by P.O.D.

• Released: Nov 4, 2003
P.O.D.: Payable On Death

POD's sound is just amazing. They know how to mixture rap, metal and a little funk. Even though I love this band and this album, it has some songs that I just skip, like Eternal, an instrumental 6 minutes track played in acoustic guitar. The band suffered a lot of changes because their old guitarist, Marcos Curiel left the band in January of 2003 (I still don't know why!) Now, in his place there's the old guitarist of a band called Living Sacrifice, Jason Truby. In my point of view, he's an exelent guitar player and he introduced a new kind of style to this great band.

The lyrics were better with Marcos Curiel, but this is a thing that I believe they can change with some time. There are songs with great lyrics like: Will You, I And Identify or Change The World. Marcos is gone, but the positivity of the band is still present in the lyrics. I think that Sonny Sandoval, the lead singer, is a great musician, as well as a great songwriter, but he could have done a better job.

Even though the lyrics are worse, the great guitar riffs, the positivity, the musicianship and the the great band that they were just got better. Jason plays the guitar better than Marcos, Traa improoved a lot with his bass, Sonny can never get better and Wuv has now, more than ever, that beat that makes us cry for more. In my opinion, a great album for Hardcore fans and guys that love heavy music.