Payable On Death review by P.O.D.

• Released: Nov 4, 2003
P.O.D.: Payable On Death

POD's sound is innovative because they are not afraid to play a song with any type of music in it. Jason Truby, their new guitarist, is a very good addition to the band in the wake of Marcos Curiel's departure. They are balanced with the musicianship of each member of the band. The band's amazing musical talent comes through in Eternal, an instrumental. Many people don't think the instrumentals are necessary, but I like them. In my opinion, these guys are the greatest band with only one guitarist out there.

Sonny is a masterful songwriter. All of their songs are based on values that are important in the world today, like love and faith and respect. No songwriter is perfect, however. Sonny doesn't slip up often, but Asthma wasn't one of my favorite works by him. The lyrics go well with the music and with POD's image as a God-friendly rock-rap band, although now they're more rock than rap.

This is their second best album, after Satellite, and only because Satellite has so many hits on it. Will You is, I think, their second best song ever, after Alive. Wildfire is also a very good song. The only slip up that I can think of is Asthma. Not a horrible song, but it could use some work. If this was stolen, I would kill the guy who stole it and buy it again right away.