Payable On Death review by P.O.D.

• Released: Nov 4, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
P.O.D.: Payable On Death

I've been a POD fan for about 6 years. What I have always loved about them was their unique mix of hard rock, rap, and a little reggae. They have good energy and emotion and all was great up until this album. This one failed to bring the fans what they wanted. At first I loved it because I havent heard anything from these guys in 2 years. That was in 2003 when it was released. But now here we are in 2005 and the record is out of my head and has been for a few years. It is just not memorable enough. A good record should always be there for you to just pop in your CD player no matter how old it is. This one just seemed to fade away. The sound wasn't anything spectacular. It isn't real heavy which I imagined it to be sice they recieved a new guitarist since Satelite (their hit album). Instead it had this mellow laid back hard rock sound with a hint of reggae foun in a some tracks. This totally screwed up the raw enegetic sound that POD has always had. I'm not saying this record is bad it isn't, it's just a huge dissapointment from past albums. It's an average album and it has its moments but it just isn't good enough to satisfy a fan for a few years until their next record comes out.

Lyrics are average some are good some are great others are merely ok. Sonny (the singer) doesn't scream as much in this one as he has done before. He seemed to lack energy and raw emotion like past albums. Hes got good skills singing and when he raps or does his reggae thing but his full potential isn't shown on this record.

Compared to past POD albums this isnt quite up to par. It has some good songs but overall is weak. The best songs on the album are Wildfire, Will You, Execute The Sounds, Iand Identify, Asthma, and Eternal. What I love about the album is how the band has good chemistry together with their new guitarist, but this band can do better. I lost this CD a while ago but I downlaoded some tracks I liked thankfully. But I did not buy it again. I figured that since it wasn't that good and since I did downlaod some tracks I should just check out another CD. POD has a bew record coming out in 2005. In 2 or 3 monthes we will see if they can make a better one.

dezmoines333
    i believe all the songs ar awsome, and this album deserves more, and its a change thats acceptable