Satellite review by P.O.D.

• Released: Sep 11, 2001
P.O.D.: Satellite

The best album by POD for sure. This album has it all. From powerful words, to masterful sound. Some soulful tracks, but most of the album is awesome metal or at least hard rock. The reason I love this band is that it has a unique sound. The band POD, has it's own identity. It is the first Christian band to make it into the Ozzfest in the year 2002. Great record, with varying styles that can be described as rap metal, heavy metal, hard rock etc.

This is where this album is a class apart from all other rap metal bands. My favourite track in this album, Youth Of The Nation, has one of the best meanings if one listens to it carefully. It talks about the youth today, and about the recent problem of depression leading to suicide, and shooting cases in schools all over the world, but mainly in the US. "Maybe this kid was reaching out for love. Or maybe for a moment/He forgot who he was/Or maybe this kid just wanted to be hugged/Whatever it was I know it's because/We are, we are, the youth of the nation." Great coordination, in all the tracks with the words, music and singing. The lead vocalist, Sonny, is the man behind the lyrics and the controlled yet emotion filled rap. POD is perhaps my favourite recent band.

Satellite, a must have for all rockers. With tracks like boom, alive, Youth of the nation this album is overall really awesome. With awesome lyrics, powerful sound, this album is POD's best until now though I am waiting to get hold of their new album testify. There is nothing, frankly that I hate in this album. My advice to you is to go out right now and buy this album.