Snuff The Punk review by P.O.D.

• Released: Jan 25, 1994
P.O.D.: Snuff The Punk

This is P.O.D.'s first album being released in 1993, but is the hardest album of theirs with the dis. All the way up on max for the heavy metal sound. Since it was recorded by a small label when Sonny's vocals are mixed with the songs, it sounds like you have vocals in one ear piece and the music in the other. Surprisingly some of the songs are just plain boring which is unheard of with P.O.D. This is the sound that P.O.D. Returned to for "When Angels and Serpents Dance".

The lyrics are the most Christian with lines like "welcome to the minds of the infamous ones/Children of God/Jesus' sons" and "Snuff the punk/I'm gettin' tiered of the junk/Brace in your face/And get a taste of the P.O.D. funk/When I say punk and junk/I don't mean you/I'm talkin' 'bout the devil and his crew".Pretty much every song is like that.

Overall, this album isn't bad. I'd say buy it if you're a P.O.D. Fan already, but don't buy it if you're new to them.I'd recommend "Satellite" or "The Fundamental Elements of Southtown" first. I'd say if someone stole this from me, I'd kick their a** 'cause I have an original cassettes 'cause they weren't on CD, but I wouldn't be mad if it was the re-release CD.

Grant Teel
    nice review a little short, but keep it up, and have someone edit your work before you submit it, send me a friend request and i'll help if you want.