Testify review by P.O.D.

• Released: Jan 24, 2006
P.O.D.: Testify

POD sounds better than they ever have. This is by far their most diverse album ever. Some songs are reggae, some hip-hop, and some just straight out rock. Jason Truby's guitar riffs are catchy and fun to rock out to. The sound is more reminiscent of Satellite than anything else, and some songs seem to channel some of the songs on that album, such as Lights Out, which is a hard rocking, "Boom"-style track. This also features appearances by reggae artist Matisyahu, and these collaborations are nothing short of brilliant. Overall, excellent sound here. No complaints.

The lyrics are very well-written. The lyrics are very catchy when they are mixed with the crunching guitar riffs and interesting beats. Some songs have very spiritual overtones, the strongest being "Strength Of My Life," which is all about having faith in God. The lyrics very clearly state the band's beliefs in God of standing for something in life. Great stuff.

I was very skeptical that this album would be very good after their last album, Payable On Death. I liked that album, I thought it was decent, but it was nowhere near the excellent quality that Satellite had. The guitar riffs were forgettable, and some songs were just boring and generic. Then I heard the single "Goodbye For Now," and I still was not impressed. But as I listened to it more, I started to like it more and more. So I decided to just give it a shot, and I bought it on the first day of release. The instant that I pressed the Play button on my CD player and the first song started, I was absolutely blown away. This album is incredible. I love the diversity of their songs, and overall, the album is just so much fun to listen to. It does have it's low points, such as "On The Grind," "Mistakes And Glories," and "Say Hello." These songs to me are just forgettable. But this album just shines otherwise. My personal favorites are "Roots In Stereo," because the collaboration is absolutely flawless, "Sounds Like War," a straight out rocker that you can easily rock out to, and "Teachers," which is probably the heaviest song on the album. But the standout track, by far, is "This Time." This song has such a great feel to it. It's so powerful and I love everything about it. Testify blows the last album out of the water, and I would even say that it just may give Satellite a run for it's money. Do yourself a favor. Buy this album.