Testify review by P.O.D.

• Released: Jan 24, 2006
P.O.D.: Testify

Testify had the best sound out of all POD albums. It takes all the rap elements from Satellite and the metal elements from Payable on Death and adds a little reggae with songs like "Roots In Stereo" and "Strength Of My Life" that feature Matisyahu. It has that good guitar and rap sound that you expect from POD. They have set the bar very high for their next album.

Overall the lyrics blow me away. Songs like "This Time" and "Strength Of My Life" have some of the best lyrics. But on the other hand songs like "Lights Out" and "Say Hello" have generic rap-metal lyrics that reminded me of Payable on Death. In the reggae songs the "This is POD and Matisyahu" kind of gets on your nerves.

Overall this album was great and definately my favorite POD album yet. Payable On Death was kind of a dissapointment so I'm glad that this album was good. I think the only thing wrong with the album is the number of tracks. This album took 3 years to make and there are only 13 tracks. But if the other songs that were recorded were generic rap-metal songs then I'm glad they werent put on. If you love or hate POD you should still go and buy this album. Testify will change what you think about POD in a good way. It was worth 3 year wait.