Testify review by P.O.D.

• Released: Jan 24, 2006
P.O.D.: Testify

After hearing their ultimate album Satellite I fell in love with POD. I did not know what to expect when this album hit the stores. I got hold of it about one week back and have been hearing the album over and over again since then. This album has a very similar sound to Satellite, in fact as far as the sound is concerned, this album is brilliant. With powerful tracks and spiritual tracks both present this is a good album after their 3 year break.

Lyrics, this is what makes POD so different from most nu metal or rap metal bands. There are some incredible lyrics in songs like goodbye for now, lights out, and say hello among a few others. I liked the fact that POD haven't got carried away, they still play their own unique music. Well, if you ask me I think it is the lyrics and music that give each band their identity and I have to say POD has shown the world how effective they can be with their words. Sonny, the lead vocalist and lyricist has done yet another sensational job on this disc.

Overall this album wasn't as good as I expected it to be. Yet it proved to the world that POD's diversity. If you ask me to rate the three albums POD has come out with on a scale of 10; Satellite 10/10, Playable on Death 8.5/10 and Testify 8.5/10. The reason I didn't think it was that great overall was because it had alot of tracks that were just fill in kind of tracks. None the less, you can't take anything away from POD. This album showcased Sonny's vocal diversity, it has some great tracks such as Say Hello, Lights Out, and Goodbye For Now.

Swinger
    Pod rocks. I really want this cd and I am going to buy it because I know that its good!
    euan_soad
    i got it from virgin in the april sales for 3.99!!!!! i couldn't believe it. it is an amazin cd
    GintA
    i'm going to by one too,because pod are amazing! i love them
    TrickySteev
    This cd is just.....amazing its very diverse covers so many basses and it definatly has something for everyone id be surprised if someone was dissatisfied with EVERY song because its so diverse i highly recommend it to everyone even if u dont like them
    Pitiful89
    I think this album is a little disappointing compared to 'Satellite' and 'Payable On Death'. Sure, 'Testify' has a lot of different styles (reaggae, hip-hop, rock) , but I'm missing the 'metal'-part. The are no real loud 'head-banging' songs on this album. A shame, because some of the 'soft'-songs are really good (Goodbye for now, Strength of my life). I would rate this album a 7,5 because of this.
    PUNISHER210
    pitiful89 come on man this cd is great on the grind is a awsome song!!!if you dont like it your not a pod fan!!!!!=)