Sound: "Be" is perhaps the most genius piece of music ever made. What is lacks in musically it makes up for in its overall concept of the creation fo mankind and its destruction of itself. Musically it uses a full orchastra for many of the songs that will be damn hard to create live, but all this seems to not matter after a few listens to "Be." // 8
Lyrics: The lyrics are genius backed up bymusic appropriate for each song. I will analyze each song individually.
01. Animae Partus -an eerie intro that gets the concept across and scares the shit out of you if you listen to it alone in a dark room. It is just trwo voices explaining how they came to "Be."
02. Deus Nova - this song is intrumental and has the population of the world over the past 2000 years in the background. At the end The two voices from the first song continue concluding "I think they will teach me something" refering to mankind.
03. Imago -a celtic style that introduces man's relationship with god or gods and hoe he taches them to live.
04. Pluvius Aestivus - a piano intrumental that is supposed to be the soundtrack to Man's Fable beginning.
05. Lilium Cruentus - the first real song on the record an excellent riff with great lyrics.
06. Nauticus - a prayer from people to god to help us, an acoustic song mostly serving as an interlude. The end of the song softens the mood for the next song but the secret is tio listen to the radio in the background.
07. Dea Pecunaie - a song showing the greed of humans and out lust for everything.
08. Vocarie Dea - a very interesting instrumental with radio messages from peole talking to god asking for advice, hating him, and praying for forgineness.
09. Diffidentia (Breaching The Core) - another real song that that talks of blasphemy and lust.
10. Nihil Morari - another great song that talks about how mankind does nothing to help ourselves and eventually we will be our own demise. It contains an extended part of Deus Nova in it. Near thye end Mankind begins exponentially growing in numbers reflected in statistics in the background like in Deus Nova as well.
11. Latericius Valete - an instrumntal that has only one statistic in it, by 20, 60 mankind overpopultaes and less than 2 million people remain on earth.
12. Omni - only a church organ as an intrument, this song is also a sort of interval.
13. Iter Impius - now mankind is few and saddened for what they have doneto earth as another real song is made hear with strong piano parts and a great solo.
14. Martius/Nauticus II - the outro to the recors that revisits many themes from the recors musically and is written from the perspective of god as he is the only one left after mankind destroys itself.
15. Animae Partus II - the last song that simply states "I am" and has an interesting bit of humour about 3 and a half minutes later after th silence. // 10
Overall Impression: The record is genius in idea but the music tends to drop off a bit because of it, but the repeated themes are great and the orchestra really enhances the sound. 4 out of 5. // 8