Road Salt Two review by Pain of Salvation

• Released: Sep 26, 2011
Pain of Salvation: Road Salt Two

Extremely unique sound. Pain Of Salvation managed to combine a very acoustic sound with very electronic sounds. The album sound is very progressive. From odd time signatures, to singalong ballads. The album makes a great balance of styles and genres. The drum sound has a very classic mixing sound that gives the album a unique vibe of old drum and guitar sounds with modern synth and keyboard sounds. Did I mention there is orchestral instruments too!? Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I'm not a good critic of lyrics. But singing styles are beyond awesome. Daniel as always did an excellent job with all of his octaves from second bass to soprano. Just beautiful. And back-vocals are awesome as well. Did I mention Daniel sings in French?

Some songs feel like Disney's "Pocahontas" soundtrack. But overall, it is an awesome album. I really liked the song "Physics Of Gridlock". A very well crafted song with nice French vocals near the end. If I were to compare this album to any of their older ones, it would be "BE". "Road Salt Two", just like "BE", has orchestral instruments that I missed so much from "BE". The composition is really well done and balanced with the other instruments.

travislausch
    ernasty10050
    Loann
    ernasty10050 wrote: oh boy, straight 10s. it's good but it's not 10/10/10 good. not one of the better PoS albums ever.
    I just happen to think it is. Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan for years and I love the TPE/RL progness. I didn't relate as much to BE or Scarsick but this kind of de-construction just feels right to me.
    SAADA
    travislausch wrote: This review is kind of short and sounds like it was written by someone who has never heard any other PoS album besides "BE". I'll be submitting my own review shortly. Great album, though. Wish the other members played more on it, but it's still a great album.
    Well, I actually listened to PoS for a long time. All their albums and DVDs. Yet, I agree this review is short.