A Fever You Can't Sweat Out review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Panic! At the Disco: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

First off, this is probably the most well produced first album a band could make. Everything sounds so clean and crisp. The CD plays out like this: the first 7 songs are techno induced, complete with drum machines and synths. Then an intermisson, then the last 5 songs are classical, with vaudeville piano ad cello. Along with the named instruments there is: violin, honty-tonk piano, acordian, and (best of all) trumpet.

Some of the best lyrics by any band in the past 10 years. These guys rank up their with Modest Mouse and Take This To Your Grave by Fall Out Boy. With that being said, I think that P! ATD does Fall Out Boy better then Fall Out does. Brandon Urie's voice is alot like Patrick Stump of FOB, but that is where the likeness ends. Brandon's voice has a more innocent tone and his is better then Pat's. The lyrics, which are written by Ryan Ross, are some of the best I've evr heard. With stuff like, "Give me envy, give me malice, give me attention, When I say shotgun, you say wedding, shotgun, wedding." They use cliches and book sayings like it was no one's buisness. Overall, this is the best lyrics you can find.

There is nothing you can compare P!ATD to. People say they are the next Fall Out Boy but that is so wrong. Fall Out Boy doesn't make catchy dance toons with scathing lyrics. If they did, then P!ATD would be poser. I think Pete Wentz made a mistake signing these guys, because they will get way bigger then Fall Out Boy. If this CD was lost I'd buy it again, and again, and again. I can't wait to see what these kids have in store for their next album. The problem about making a perfect record is that you have to top it.