A Fever You Can't Sweat Out review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Panic! At the Disco: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

Panic! At The Disco Comes from LA, which reflects a lot on their electro-rock-good sound, which I must say, is very refreshing. In "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out", they perform quite a wide range of music, from a futuristic sounding "Time To Dance," a more narrative "There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey" to a slow, depraved yet almost relaxing "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off." Listening to the whole album, one would understand what I'm trying to remonstrate on; no two songs sounds simillar from each other, at all. Panic! At The Disco has a very distinct sound from any one else, but I do notice slight influences on the style of delivery from bands such as Third Eye Blind. But alas, I am quite a detective.

I love the story-telling way Brendan Urie delivers his lyrics, with great depth and timbre, a little like how "Counting Crows" or dare I mention "Fall Out Boy" does it. On a more personal note, I actually think that Brendan could sing most of FOB's songs, because for me, they're voices and singing styles are much alike. Anyway, Panic! At The Disco's lyrics are genius. They are melodious, so much that one would probably only know the right words after listening to the same song sevral times. Their song titles reveal absolutely nothing about the song, but thats what makes it cool. It's brilliant how lyrics from "London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines" a story told on how they will disregard critics and the such or how "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" depicts on how "too good" he was for an ex. In "I Constantly Thank God For Esteban," Panic razes hyprcritial preachers and what not. I love it.

My overall impression on this album is excellent. I love it. Three of the (very carefully chosen) top listens for me would be: Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off, The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage, I Constantly Thank God For Esteban. Finally, one should remember that this is Panic! At The Disco's first ever album. I, for one, can see the reason why they're roping in fans each passing day. Renowned musicians on the first try, they deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as (I dare say) Guns N' Roses. Great vocals, perfect drumming and beautiful effects. Bullseye on the first try, an album this well put-together is definately worth buying.