A Fever You Can't Sweat Out review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Panic! At the Disco: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

After listening to the sound of the music, all I can say is that it is wonderful. The music is annoyingly catchy, and I am singing it everywhere I go. on first impressions I would say the best song is "Time To Dance". With "I constantly thank god for esteban" close behind. the album is split into two halves, the more futuristic sound at the beginning, a short intermission, then more caberet sound at the end. I think the second half is better than the first, but I think they both are very, very good.

The lyrics are very strange. Ryan Ross is a genius with his lyrics. Sentences like "When your in black slacks with essentuating off white pinstripes" is an example of some of his best work. But looking at the lyric book, I am stunned to see the amount of death-like lyrics in the album. Stuff like "blood at her feet," "Blood from the hearts and the wrists they allegedly slit," "She's not bleeding on the ballroom floor just for the attention" and many more. Yet the lyrics are brilliant and seem to tell a story in every song. Brendon definitly delivers these lyrics perfectly.

This band is supposed to be a copy of Fall Out Boy. But I think they are very different. Panic's songs are very, very catchy, they're lyrics seem a lot more meaningful than FOB's, and they also have the whole showtune, caberet thing working for them, unlike FOB. I think Panic's album is way better than Fall Out Boy's.

Geek_Aus
    they are sort of emo. anyways, not usually a fan of bands like this, but love i write sins not tragedies.
    nerk13
    No matter who or what they sound like, I think Panic! at the Disco is awesome and a great band. The term 'emo' is being tossed at too many bands these days, people should listen and enjoy the music and not worry about what genre it is. I mean, if you like a song you like a song it doesn't matter what it is. Emo or not, I Write Sins Not Tragedies is a great song.