A Fever You Can't Sweat Out review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Panic! At the Disco: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

After listening to their CD, I must admit it's tight. Their music is good, with some awesome drumrolls. They remind me of Fall Out Boy with keyboards. They have some really good stuff, and they have different instruments in some of their songs. For example, in "There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet" they have a trumpet in it. They already have two singles from their debut albumb; I Write Sins Not Tragidies && But It's Better If You Do. I hope they can write some more good songs on their next albumb.

The song titles have nothing to do with the songs, but don't let that turn you away. The lyrics are amazing, even though they're really random. The If you actually read the lyrics, they make sense and they manage to tell a story. They really did a good job.

This CD is pretty cool. Although, as I have said before, they remind me a lot of Fall Out Boy with keyboards. Personally, I think that the band is overrated and they're getting much more attention than they deserve. Sorry, but I must get this out. I have heard people call them "emo" and they are far from it. Emo bands are Silverstein, Hawthorne Heights (I might've spelled that wrong), From First To Last, Atreyu, My Chemical Romance, etc.

ihaveatail
    *sighes in disgust* This is really sad seeing ppl use message boards to diss on each other.chill.if u like it great.if u don't,well...think first.
    lespaul_shred
    i bet if panic! and FOB switch songs, do a collaboration/vs. album, or do tribute songs off of each other no one will be able to tell who's who. =P well, at least their works are catchy to say the least...
    nerk13
    Panic! At the Disco is pretty great, the sonags are catchy and the lyrics are pretty awesome. And they can sing fine, in fact, they totally rock.
    Geek_Aus
    can_i_say : i dnt get this band wot do ppl like about them they cant play guitar sing.... anything a band shood b able 2 do... maybe they can play intime.... congrats but does that make a band wot these guys r? i dont think so
    I agree on the fact that Brendan Urie can't sing. It's not terrible, but it's so very unoriginal and uninspiring. I think i would like them a whole lot more if he could sing better.
    Geek_Aus
    i've ever heard any of fallout boy's songs, and i don't think i will any time soon, but i like panic.
    xBored69
    Hehe i like P!ATD a lot... and i assure people that they dont sound like fall out boy... cuz FOB is super lame...P!ATD lyrics are great tho!