A Fever You Can't Sweat Out review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Panic! At the Disco: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

Panic! At The Disco have a very unique sound. They use accordions, organs, and keyboards to sustain their sound. Some people compare them to Fall Out Boy, and I can see why. Their singing sounds a bit similar from each other but I can definitely tell from the uniqueness in P!ATD Urie's voice. The genre might be classified as emo/punk, but P!ATD doesn't even sound that emo. They're more like the techno/dance genre than the emo genre. I really like the drum beats to most of the songs.

To be honest, they're not even writing about cutting their wrists or anything like that. Their lyrics are very well written and they tell a story. Some songs have some weird lyrics but that gives them that "uniqueness" factor. For example, It's these substandard motels on the/ lalalalala/ corner of 4th and Fremont Street. It's very odd how they add the "lalalalala" part in the middle of that line, it's very odd.

At first I really hated Panic! especially maybe because of the "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" song. I would hear it on the radio and I'll be like "ugh, I don't like emo music". I was ignorant and I didn't even give them a chance. A couple of months later, I was talking to a friend who loves Panic! and she would go on and on about Panic! So I thought I would give it a listen because I liked this one song "The Only Difference" and then it led to another song after another. Eventually all the songs would grow on me. So it about a month to actually like Panic! I just gave it some time and I was satisfied was their sound. Their notable ones include, "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" (this song grew on me quite a bit), my favorite one is "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off", "The Only Difference", "I Constantly Thank God For Esteban", "Build God Then We'll Talk", "But It's Better If You Do". This is pretty much half of the CD, the other ones are OK, but they might take time to grow on me. I'm not really satisfied with the track "Camisado", it sounds like Motion City Soundtrack's "The Future Freaks Me Out". After giving time to listen to their tracks, I wouldn't mind buying it again.

bassist_j_666
    I am absolutely in love with this band, they are awesome. i saw them live in april and they were absolutely amazing. i can't sing for my life but i learnt every single lyric from this album lame huh? =] people that say all their songs sound the same have clearly only heard one song, listen to the whole album, i assure you, you'll love it. best band of the year by far, amazing lyrics, amazing voices, why would the bassist leave? i for one would be honoured to be the bassist of such an amazing band o_0 Dance To This Beat
    Geek_Aus
    He didn't leave...they kicked him out. Unfair in my opinion.
    DeanoSupremo
    shadowsofbodom
    DeanoSupremo wrote: musical culture these days is getting less and less original and for some reason, people are getting more and moreinto it. nowadays when i turn on much music, all i see are rap videos that make women out to be objects and emo bands with their good looks and whiny voices. and people seem to think that this is acceptable. get real.i know that panic at the disco is a new sounding band so people are obviously going to shun them immedietly for trying something new.I am not one to shun these bands but i also have my limits as to whats music, and bands like panic at the disco who shaped teenage culture almost immedietly in all the wrong ways.the same thing happened with greenday. i remember when greenday used to be good, but now they concentrate on common teenage issues in their lyrics so that teenagers can relate to their songs and go out and buy their album. mainstream music today is just a moneymaking process and popularity contest which angers me
    I'm really glad someone understands the music world. I cant really express my full opinion cuz im on probation from the UG's.
    nerk13
    I'm sorry, I know that this has nothing to do with Panic!At The Disco, but Green Day never did such a thing, just because they became popular doesn't mean they sold out. I'm sure Panic!At The Disco won't do it either. They are both really great bands and should be treated as such. They are shaping the teenage culture the right way. I mean at least they are better than the rap and hip hop stuff out there. Besides, I believe that Green Day's old music was also about teenage stuff, you know, drugs, masturbation, goofing off, dating, etc. And they weren't considered sell outs or said "shaping the teenage culture in the wrong way".
    nerk13
    psyco223 wrote: u know what panic sucks dick yes u heard me say it they suck dick just like the rest of the panic lovers and i am gonna keep commenting this shit hole cd till u pussys that like panic understand they suck. panic is just some little girlish boyband wannbes so shut the FuCk up!!!!!and rock on panic haters
    Dude, Panic! At the Disco is a great band. And just because people happen to have a different opinion than you doesn't make them "pussys". By the way, do you even have any legit reasons to justify your statements? Any solid, competent reasons, perhaps?
    bassist_j_666
    Jesus Christ... psyco your a freakin' retard. if you don't like this band, then thats your choice, then just stay the **** off this review page. if we want to like them, then we can. im sure there are loads of bands that you like that i could think of a lot of reasons to justify why they are shit. so do yourself a favour and just shut up =] More importantly... anyone who hasnt heard/doesnt like Panic, just try and hear their album before you make that judgement because personally i think their music is genious.
    KileManA7X
    He didn't even play in the cd. He just did it for the money. If I were the singer, I'd kick his ass out before he started acting up. I can't believe him.
    nerk13
    Wow, having a temper tantrum, are we? Well, I must admit,I admire your taste in music, some of the bands you mentioned are actually quite decent. Panic!At the Disco is a great band and they're new, so of course they won't have a million CDs out there. BTW leave those other guys alone,please, yelling obsenities at them is not going to change their minds or their opinions.