A Fever You Can't Sweat Out review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Panic! At the Disco: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

This band came out with there first album at around the same time that Fall Out Boy did and they both sound a lot alike. This could be just a coincident but it might not be, there sound is a want to be emo rock band. They kind of sound like it but they also sound like a chick flick pop band, they got huge attention with one song and then every one figured out that they were just posers. These guys have all vocals which I have to give them are pretty impressive. The guitars and drums are droned out by the lyric which is not cool because I like to hear great guitar work in my music. These guys could just be another wana' be one hit wonder band.

These could either be considered really bad or really good if you like winy emo pop rock then you are in for a treat if you are like any other person these lyrics will kill you. The lyrics are good the voice sounds like a teen who hasn't had his balls dropped yet. I mean come on don't sing if your balls are up your ass. The words to these songs are good enough to bear but the way they are sung makes me mad.

These guys are a weird ass band and they could work harder to get another album out that changes there sound a lot but they could be better. There lyrics are good singing to so much they are a band that needs more real music such as guitar work in there songs. I bought the CD because actually I don't know what possessed me to buy it but I did. If you want to buy it go for it but it kind of sucks a lot.

zakkiante
    all these reviewers mistake the glibness of the lyrics for genius. it gets on my nerves
    Battery Chicken
    I'm sorry but this band is nothing more than flash in the pan rubbish. They'll go the way of Limp Bizkit for one very good reason; their music makes an initial impression but has all the longevity of week old milk.
    kerjacklebass&!
    guitarhead93 wrote: afiobsessor_08 wrote: brendon has an amazing voice ... NOT!
    i dont think its amazing but its not half badn and pretty origonal, but it kinda sucked in this album compared to fall out boys new album, and i dont like it as much as thier old ones but patricks voice doesnt crackle or anything...
    superstud_zat
    **** all of you!!! even if you like the band, some of the people that wrote reviews for the band are total tards, one said that they were from LA! They are from Vegas you idiot. And someone in the comments said they were selling out? How the hell can you sell out on your first album?! Tell me! And for you naysayers, have you even listened to the whole CD? Just because they are good looking men, and your girlfriend listens to them, doesnt mean they suck. Panic is incredibly original, especially their second album Pretty. Odd. It has incredible strings and horns, and the guitar is steps above their first album, and lyrics have become abstract and thought provoking..... so um..... yah!
    Give_em Hell
    bassist_j_666 wrote: Jesus Christ... psyco your a freakin' retard. if you don't like this band, then thats your choice, then just stay the **** off this review page. if we want to like them, then we can. im sure there are loads of bands that you like that i could think of a lot of reasons to justify why they are shit. so do yourself a favour and just shut up =] More importantly... anyone who hasnt heard/doesnt like Panic, just try and hear their album before you make that judgement because personally i think their music is genious.
    personally i agree w/ psycho!! they are terrible! the music sounds like shit and they need to quit before peoples ears start to bleed
    XChemicalPanicX
    XChemicalPanicX wrote: This band by far is my #2 fav. I can't even explain how they've inspired me. I love how unique this album is. I love how the first half of the album has more of a techno/up to date feel to it, and the second half has a 1920s-40s feel the takes you back in time. I was most pleased when I saw the video for But It's Better If You Do and it was exactly how I pictured it to be. I was upset when after I write sins not tragedies because a video because P!ATD was clamed by many "their favorite band". others were beginign to like them for their looks and not for the music, the lyrics, the cause.
    i'd have to say my favorite songs would be the entire second half. It was a thrill for me when most of those songs where turned into vids. I felt that the band knew how i felt and wanted to express it to the world. I'd recommend this band to anyone who thins outside of the box and will understand the true meanings of the songs. I can't wait until the new album!
    XChemicalPanicX
    ~FOB~
    This is for the dipshits that come on here and talk crap about the band. If you hate the band & the music so much why do you waste your time coming on here to dis them when you cant make better music your self!
    priestfan76
    A review said that Fall Out Boy is too Punk Rock.Yeah, and Slayer is too Pop-y.While i admit this band is really original, and i do admire that, I don't like anyhting else about them.Brendan Uries voice annoys the shit outta me, he tries to imitate Patrick Stump waaay too much, and to be honest, people only like them becuase they think it's cool.Personally, I thik both bands suck, but FOB is sitl better than Panic.Also they suck live, the singer uses effects, just listen youll hear it.Overall, this is the worst band ina while, and i hope that they dont make another album.Go ahead, sue me for saying it
    tbean1060
    I personally like P!ATD better than Fall Out Boy, I really don't see why everyone is so in love with FOB, they are alright, I have Infinity on High and I really don't think that it can compare to A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, and if it weren't for their long ass song names I'd point out more differences
    red mockingbird
    PANIC AT THE DISCO SUCKS ALONG WITH FALL OUT BOY!!!!! ALL EMO MUSIC SUCKS!!!AVERYONE WHO LISTENS TO EMO MUSIC IS A RETARD!!!TO ALL YOU DROP KICKS WHO LIKE IT, DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT THESE GUYS SUCK AND YOU SUCK!