A Fever You Can't Sweat Out review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Panic! At the Disco: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

This album is pure genious. The songwriting style is very good, and the way Brendon sings is very cool. The songs are very catchy. The albums is put together very well, starting with "The Only Difference Between Martydom and Suicide is Press Coverage," which in my opinion is one of the best songs on the album. The album ends with "Build God, Then We'll Talk," and it leaves the listener begging for more. The musical styling, although labeled emo by ignorant critics, is very techno inspired. Overall the sound of this record is great. I could, and do, listen to this album every day.

The lyrics are very teen related for lack of a better term. Seeing as the band members are only about 19, this is very normal. The lyrics go with the music quite well. They are not predictable and the singer keeps the listener guessing. The only thing I don't like too much about the lyrics of this album is the fact that it is slightly repetative.

This album is comprable in terms of lyrical styling to bands like Cute is What We Aim For. Because of the "fashion" aspect of the songwriting. My favorite song on the album is "I Constantly Thank God for Esteban." I love everything about this album, and I don't hate a thing about it. Although it could be a bit less repetitive. If someone stole this album from me, I would buy it again in an instant.

J-rich777
    I hate both Panic and Fall Out Boy. But "ShrimpthePimp" MCR and Silverstein is not emo. Emo music was born and died all through the 90's. Just thought I'd clear that up. Neither Fall Out Boy or this band have real musical talent. Yes their songs are simple yet catchy.... Almost like Blink-182 only they are actually good, but oh well who am I to compare anyone, but then again who are any of us to compare anybody to anybody else we are all meant to be different so for the haters to people with different opinions grow up.
    Slayer 101
    YES!! right on red mockingbird. emo/punk sucks big ones. its bands like this that are ruining the scene. when i saw that f'n Mtv was coming out i was pretty syked that Mtv was actually going back to playing music. but oh wait...whats this? ALL THEY PLAY IS EMO SHIT!!!!! go die peat wence. and go die all you self loathing poor me emo ****s.
    chidge14
    look. anyone who thinks panic! are bad, i respect ur opnions. but how can a band be bad if this album has sold 2.2 million albums worldwide? they wrote this when they were seventeen, and if anyone out there can imagaine writing a better, more catchy album when theyre that age or when they were that age then i cant wait to see it in shops. p!atd are also one of the best live bands around.