Death Of A Bachelor review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Jan 15, 2016
Panic! At the Disco: Death Of A Bachelor

Brendon Urie's vocals bloom along with his new solo sound on the first album with Urie as the only member. Along with the usual guitar riffs and loud drums there is an element of disco and soul to this album, as well as more use of electronic effects. The quality of the sound was crystal clear, and the seamless producing was an added bonus. The electronic elements differed from their previous sound, apart from on their debut album, and at certain points it made the album better, whereas at other times it did the opposite. However, I thought that, like all Panic! albums, this had it's own unique sound, and was quite incomparable.

The lyrics expressed, like most Panic! albums, included the usuals about getting wasted and partying, but also some new lyrical directions. For instance, on the title track he sings about being young in the rock music business and being expected to be a player, yet he is married to his wife and he, despite loving it, feels the pressures like anyone would. All the lyrics were exceptionally well-written, and fitted the music like a glove. All songs were packed full of the witty metaphors that all Panic! fans are familiar with, and I enjoyed the lyrical finesse immensely.

This is not comparable to much, including other Panic! albums, but I would say it is maybe my third favourite in their discography. My favourite songs from the album were the title track, "LA Devotee," "The Good, The Bad and the Dirty," and "Impossible Year." I Love the way that the sound of the band has morphed and evolved with every album, and I look forward to seeing what comes next. However, I felt that the electronic components did not add positively to the listening experience for me. Lastly, if this album were lost or stolen I would definitely buy it again!

Drapte
    This album is incredibly well written and Brendon is an amazing singer. Lots going on, very catchy new sound, don't understand how this isn't at least an 8.