Pretty. Odd. review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Mar 25, 2008
Panic! At the Disco: Pretty. Odd.

This is definately not a Panic CD. Not only did they lose their exclamation point, they also lost they Panic-ness. This album does not have a hint of techno or dance, something I was really looking foward to. I think Panic was trying to experiment with different music genres but tried to hard. They tried Jazz/Blues and even country! However, one of things they did nail is their Beatle-esque style. Lots of Sgt. Pepper vibes have been added to their songs due to the trumpets and string orchestra. All in all, Panic did an ok job with their album music-wise. Their singles, "Nine in the afternoon," and "That green gentleman" are, what I think, the best songs on the album.

Lyrics? They're somewhat alright. One of the things I dislike though, Is the lyrics of the first song, "We're so starving." The music is awesome, but the lyrics state that they're sorry that they've been gone so long and that they have been busy writing songs for us... literally. They also say that "We don't have to worry because they are still the same band." No. You are soo not the same band. Brendon Urie still has his same, high, sometimes whiny voice. Not much change. I don't really have a lot to say about it.

Panics attempt to use new styles of music wasn't so sucsessful. in addition to losing their ever-so popular exclamation point, their funky, up-beat, dance music, I think they also lost some fans. Their wasn't so much I loved about it, and I only hated the fact that they aren't the same Panic anymore. If I lost the album, I would probably just go ahead and buy a different album. Pretty. Odd. wasn't exciting enough for me.