Pretty. Odd. review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Mar 25, 2008
Panic! At the Disco: Pretty. Odd.

The band announced the title of the new album, Pretty. Odd. (which comes from a line from the song "That Green Gentleman": "Things are shaping up to be pretty odd/ Little deaths in musical beds"). They were inspired by the beatles and their way of music. They decided to use an orchestra instead of computer sound effects (like they used in their old album "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out". They recorded the album in Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada and at Abbey Road Studios in London, England.

The lyrics had a great vibe to it and went great with the music. Nothing was off and it seemed like the music and lyrics were meant for each other. Brendon Urie's (lead singer) singing made the songs even better. In this album everybody song and did it very well.

This album was more then I expected. Its songs relate to many of the beatles songs and its sound was suprisingly good. Some of the most impressive songs was "That Green Gentlemen" and "She Had The World". the whole album was great but those were the two songs that stood out to me the most. The thing I love the most was that Panic at the Disco totally changed their sound. one word, impressive.