Pretty. Odd. review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Mar 25, 2008
Panic! At the Disco: Pretty. Odd.

Panic At The Disco has always been a unique band, but this album really sets them apart far from the rest. The sound is, as the name implies, "Pretty. Odd". This CD doesn't have the synthesizers and stuff like they're debut, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, has. A lot of the songs remind me of The Beatles. There's a country/bluegrass song on here that is surprisingly good.

The lyrics on this CD are amazing. I, being a lyric writer for my band, have fallen in love with them. Ryan Ross wrote most of the songs' lyrics, however Brendon Urie wrote two: "I Have Friends in Holy Places" and "Folkin' Around". They're all very good. It sounds like Ryan Ross sings in some of the songs like "Northern Downpour" and "Behind the Sea". I was really impressed with the lyrics on this album.

I've had this CD for one day, and it is probably my favorite. The best songs from the album would definitely be "Northern Downpour", "That Green Gentleman", or "Do You Know What I'm Seeing". The thing that I love about this CD is that it's so different, and you don't know what's coming next. I really don't hate anything about it. If I lost it, I would definitely buy it again.