Pretty. Odd. review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Mar 25, 2008
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Panic! At the Disco: Pretty. Odd.

The sound on "Pretty. Odd." is good, but it's not in the style of previous PATD songs. Until about the sixth track, the songs sound like a smooth transition from "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out." After this, though, the band seems to have been experimenting with different sub-genres too much for this album to have the same musical consistency.

The lyrics are uniquely odd, which fits well with Panic At The Disco's lyrics on "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out." It fits fairly well with the music, which attests to Brendon Urie's vocal abilities. Brendon Urie sticks with his excellent vocal range, hitting several high notes to compliment the music.

It seems that after track six, they were trying to sound a bit too much like The Beatles. It sounds "good," but not for Panic At The Disco. I would have preferred if they'd stayed on the same genre path as "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out." I felt that the pinnacles of "Pretty. Odd." were "Nine In The Afternoon" and "That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed)." I am a fan of Panic At The Disco, so I am a bit biased in recommending fans of rock music to purchase this album.

Hagan
    Personally, this is creative. i think if this a fever you cant sweat out never exsisted, and just pretty odd did, people would like this album a lot better.