Pretty. Odd. review by Panic! At the Disco

• Released: Mar 25, 2008
Panic! At the Disco: Pretty. Odd.

Contrary to popular belief, Panic at The Disco did not move away from what it was before as they came out with the new album. They are still the same people and the same band, they just brought a bit more folk music into their songs. They built up to the album fairly well but when it came out, fans seemed to be dissapointed. I ask them why? They just started singing less about sex and drugs and more about the aspects of life. Like in the song When The Day Met The Night, they talk about the love of a man and a woman through the clever metaphor of teh Moon(being the woman) and the sun(being the man). They also portray a more simple and carefree side to life in the song That Green Gentleman(Things Have Changed). Though the last album had many hits such as But It's Better if you do, I Write Sins Not Tragedies, and Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off, this album is still in bloom. It currently has the two hits Nine In The Afternoon and That Green Gentleman (mentioned above). The new album also has songs that are exactly as the title of the album states. Like the song The Piano Know Something I don't Know. Listen to the song and you will know exactly what I mean. But Overall I give this album a big 9 outta 10. Rock on Panic At The Disco and keep the albums comin!

The lyrics are amazingly accurate to the song titles on this album such as the lyrics to Nine In The Afternoon.

It is in my opinion just as good as the first album and it should be treated with the respect that it deserves. I firmly believe that it is one of the best albums of 2008 so far this year up in the top ten with Simple Plan. It has a certain appeal that reaches out to not only dance, rock, and electronica but also to lovers of folk.

Billz_Girl
    honestly, if yours saying that this band is not creative then u don't know what creativity is. it doesn't matter how small or how big it is these albums have some creativity. FOB has it, PATD has is, Metallica has it, Apocalityca has every band has it. And on another note, when u say a band sells out because they become mainstream then u obviously don't have a clue. Although a lot of us want to make it in the music industries, lets face it; its not the most high paying jobs, you have to pay the bills some how and if that means product placement in music videos or signing to a major label you have to make money to survive and that doesn't mean that your selling out it means you are doing what you have to do to survive and thta is NOT i repeat NOT selling out!
    Zturm
    Not every album has that "creativity". If you do a Copycat just because it will give you some cash (remember all post-grunge crap bands?) you are rolling around a bussiness. Music isnt a bussiness, is a expression, an art. Every entertainment sound out there is just that, sound. PATD is trying to sell innovation but they arent putting any effort at all. EFFORT. they are young, inmature. They cant get a perfect 10 in every record they sell, thats absurd, pointless (remember kobain?).
    Zturm
    my personal opinion: let those kids grow up, then review.
    emoleafsfan
    i never liked panic at the disco. they sound like a new band after this, that i like. so i really like this cd. ugh. i said it.
    DontFightTheFoo
    Fatally Jon wrote: rx_eb wrote: Pretty Odd. Pretty Queer. Pretty Gay Wow, that was Pretty.Lame. Probably took you Pretty.Long to come up with that one. Bet you're Pretty.Pleased with your Pretty.Sophisticated sense of humor.
    Win
    PrettyxOdd
    I absolutley love this album. its creative an beautiful and filled with optimistic lovely tunes. way better than the first one. Panic At the Disco is amazing! cant wait for the 3rd one!
    PrettyxOdd
    superstud_zat wrote: oh, dont forget that these guys are only 21 years of age, and that would be the oldest. So give the boys some credit for being so young and making a (in my opion) a wonderful and optimistic album. Sure, they could've gone emo and sang about break ups and girls, but they didnt, give them some credit for not following the norm
    amen.
    12binght
    These Guys only get the high school community through classes and that's it