3 - Vulgar Videos From Hell [DVD] review by Pantera

• Released: Oct 12, 1999
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Pantera: 3 - Vulgar Videos From Hell [DVD]

The sound on the music tracks and a lot of the speaking, interviews, pranks, short films are totally kick ass. There are some bootleg concerts where the Pantera guys come on stage with Skid Row n' people, but you can still hear it just fine.

Content — 10
Seriously, this DVD is freakin' packed with pranks, live acts, short films, interviews etc. I promise you, this is worth the money! This DVD is a collection of the 3 DVDs released by Pantera in the past (plus live footage from the Monsters Of Rock Festival in Russia). The first one (CFH the videos) has Live performances of "Heresy" and "The Art Of Shredding" plus studio versions of "Cowboys From Hell," "Psycho Holiday" and "Cemetery Gates." The rest of that film is all pranks n' s--t that'll make your sides split with laughter. It shows the guys trashin hotels and playin' jokes on each other and theres always the random moment in the middle of it which makes no sense at all. Features nudity, drugs, alcohol, swearing, falling over you name it. My favourite scene as far as I can remember is the ending slot were dime goes busking with a mini-amp and his guitar. F--kin' class! The second one (Vulgar video) has live performances of "Domination" and "Primal Concrete Sledge" they both totally rule, and it shows studio versions of "Mouth For War," "This Love" and the classic "Walk." It also shows what the band are doin'/sayin' just before the "Monsters Of Rock" show. Like the Cowboys video, this also has nudity, swearing etc. But I can garauntee it'll make you laugh your brains out. The third one (watch it go) has no full live songs but it has studio versions of "I'm Broken," "5 Minutes Alone" (and the making of the video), "Drag The Waters" and Black Sabbath's "Planet Caravan." This is the longest out of the three and therefore probably will deliver the most laughs and gasps out of the three (now with even more nudity, drugs etc). I think the ending slot (just before Planet Caravan) was faked but it shows Dime himself (absoloutly pissed/stoned/whatever) trashing someones (probably his) old rusty car with a sledge hammer. He seriously looks, talks and acts totally crazy in that scene. but hey, I'm boring you. And lastly footage of the "Monsters Of Rock" festival in Russia '91 it shows "Domination," "Psycho Holiday" and "Primal Concrete Sledge" and thats about it really, the perfomances totally kick ass there though. All three of the main videos pretty much just show the friends and members of pantera doing what they wanna do on camera.

Production Quality — 10
Hell, this DVD is a low-budget collection but who cares when its this funny? There are some kool (and funny) little cut scenes of a fat guy dressed as the devil in the 3rd movie.

This is worth the money, if it cost 40 I'd still buy it! It's that funny, plus it shows the lives of Phil, Dime, Vinnie and Rex and I'm sure that if you see this you'll laugh till you cry. It shows that Dime had one great life. I love eveything about this Collection (when I say collection, its all the videos put onto one DVD, which kicks ass) and I shall never get rid of it.