Cowboys From Hell review by Pantera

• Released: Jul 24, 1990
Pantera: Cowboys From Hell

Sound is nothing less than excatly what your looking for from a heavy metal band. Dimebag comes at you with blazing guitarwork throughout the entire CD. Drums and bass aren't bad either. If your looking for some aggresive, loud, heavy music then this may be the CD your looking for. For guitarist looking for new material learn they should definatly pick up this album.

Lyrics aren't mindblowing and deep. They're just flat out in your face "I'm pissed off and we're gonna kick your ass because we're Pantera." The lyrics complement the music very nicely. Vocalist Phil Anselmo voice mix's great with the heavy sound. The best lyric's in my opinion are found on the track "Cemetary Gates." It's a deeper song with great singing and lyrics.

Overall I'd say this isn't their best CD but it isn't their worst. All of them I think are good. The best songs in my opinion were Cowboys from Hell, Cemetary Gates, and The Art of Shredding. If this were lost/stolen I'd go buy it again, along with any other Pantera CD's. Everything on this CD is great except for maybe Phil's voice compared to other CD's. I was used to hearing him with the deep screaming voice and when I listened to this, it sounded less harsh and kind of like the lead singer from Iron Maiden at times which I didn't mind but I would have prefered his more harsh tone. If you don't have this please, do yourself a favor and go and buy it.